I restrung the James Bisset Fiftieth Anniversary Edition tonight and it's working a treat. It's still not particularly loud, but it's clean and clear and sweet.
2005 11 January
2005 10 January
Well, having procrastinated for weeks over the guitar re-wiring, I managed to get it done this evening.
2004 19 November
Well, the nuts and files finally arrived and I've strung the James Bisset 50th Anniversary guitar, opened up the current nut with the files to suit my strings and played it for a while.
2004 16 November
Yes, the headstock is finally finished. The sanding and polishing was completed tonight, the guitar has been re-assembled and I fully expect the nuts and files to arrive tomorrow.
2004 12 November
I bought my nuts and files from Warmoth in the States, who previously supplied the body, neck and bridge for my guitar.
2004 10 November
I've added a couple more coats of cellulose after the rubbing and levelling a few days ago, just to make sure I don't cut through when it comes to the final smoothing and polishing.
2004 06 November
Rather than the usual method of using decals on the headstock of the guitar, I used a 'rubdown' - which is the same technology that Letraset originally built their fortune on.
2004 03 November
I managed to suss out what was wrong with the wiring in the guitar. One wire soldered to the wrong tag on a pot. It worked fine, just not quite the way I wanted it to.
2004 08 October
I tried rewiring the guitar tonight, but it turned into one of those 'one problem after another' situations.